About Degrees of Change
This Degrees of Change tool formed part of a 2015 consultation on the future of UCL’s carbon emissions. This consultation has now closed, but you can still use the tool to devise your own approach to UCL’s carbon reduction challenge.
Degrees of Change is a project by the UCL Sustainability Team, based on research by Dr Tom Cohen. If you’d like to find out more about any aspect of this project, please contact the UCL Sustainability Team.
How your data will be used
- Submission of your carbon reduction scheme using the Degrees of Change tool implies consent to participate in the UCL Sustainability Team’s carbon consultation.
- The information submitted by participants will be used to inform UCL’s Carbon Management Plan. No individual participants will be publicly identified as part of this exercise or associated with any specific carbon reduction plan or comments.
- Where participants provide a name and email address, this is for the purpose of the UCL Sustainability Team providing follow-up communications about UCL’s work on reducing carbon emissions and sustainability in general, as well as potentially gathering feedback about participation in this programme.
- Usage of the Degrees of Change tool is open to all. That said, results from non-UCL staff and students may not be included in the final analysis of results.
- Where possible, attempts have been made to match the challenges, costs and carbon savings stated in the Degrees of Change tool to UCL’s real-life situation. That said, due to the nature of our work, all figures should be taken as estimates and may be liable to inaccuracy and change.
- This ‘Degrees of Change’ website is provided by the UCL Sustainability Team. By using this website, you must accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with this disclaimer, do not use this website.
- By using this website, you understand and agree that your use is at your own risk and that our services are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. The UCL Sustainability Team makes no guarantees to ensure that this website remains available or that the material on it is kept up-to-date. Due to the nature of our work, all figures should be taken as estimates, and may be liable to inaccuracy and change. Any reliance participants place on the information provided, including links to external sites of which the UCL Sustainability Team has no control, is strictly at their own risk.
- Material published on these pages may not be reproduced without permission. This website contains copyright material that is protected by copyright law and other intellectual property rights. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of material on this website is permitted without the UCL Sustainability Team’s express permission. To find out more, please contact the UCL Sustainability Team.